Ever heard of a pool party on Valentine’s Day? Bet you have. In case you have a swimming pool in your backyard and want to put it to good use on Valentine’s day, try a pool party. Indoor parties like that are less expensive than outdoor ones. With that said, you can save up extra cash to get gifts and make the day special for someone.
This post contains pool party ideas for Valentine’s Day you need to try out this year. Read on to get some simple and practical pool party ideas!
Before You Get Started
Ok, before brainstorming for pool party ideas, one thing is very important. Get your pool ready for the party with the following steps.
- Make sure the pool and poolside are clean. A clean pool holds special appeal for the guests. Some businesses offer reasonably priced professional pool maintenance in McKinney, Frisco, Plano, and Allen, TX. If you’re a resident there, you can contact them.
- Ensure that the chemicals are at the right levels and ascertain that you don’t run out of pool supplies. Remove all debris from the pool and, if possible, change the pool water. This will help you check the efficiency of the pump and filter.
You don’t need elaborate decorations for your pool party, especially if you are running on a budget. Remember, it’s a pool party, not a wedding reception, so no overdoing. Here are some tips:
- No bouquet, no garlands. All you need are fairy lights, ribbons, and balloons. Pools are attractive enough on their own at night, but you still need to make it the center of attraction.
- Hang the fairy lights on tree branches close to the pool to light it up.
- For the balloons, let them float in the pool to give it a splash of color. Leave some on the ground, too, for added effects.
- Avoid paper decorations. This will help you save money on decorations and reduce the cleaning time, and effort needed the next day.
First of all, it is a pool party. Second of all, it will probably be at night. So the food should be tasty, light, and easy to digest. Here are some simple tips to follow:
- Food Ideas for a Valentine’s Day pool party are mainly in the dessert category. Try chocolates, cookies, brownies, cakes, etc. You can also add cut-up sandwiches to the menu.
- Dessert should come with the appropriate wine. However, do keep the alcoholic beverages to a minimum because you do not want any unwanted incident with the pool.
- PS: Get the food prepared well in advance to avoid going in and out while the party is in full swing.
The playlist depends on the mood you’ve created for the party and the theme. Most DJs know what’s best for the event, so leave it up to them. However, if you want, you can create a playlist on your own. You can either make it romantic with jazz or classical music or lively with upbeat party playlists.
Most parties come with games, provided it is safe for everyone. Again, the activities of the party depend on the theme you created. However, they must also be fun enough to lighten up the moment. You can think up games that the guests can play in the pool, including card games or drinking games.
Getting your pool ready for a pool party can be overwhelming, especially if it’s your first time. Why not leave all pool maintenance and readying activities to the professionals? Our team at Sparkling Clear Pool Service offers the best services for pool maintenance in McKinney, TX, Frisco, TX, Plano, TX, and Allen, TX. We are dedicated to cleaning, maintaining, and repairing pool electrical fittings, leaving your pool sparkling and well maintained. Contact us to book a cleaning or maintenance service today!